There are so many things you just can’t do when you are pregnant and I often sit and remise about the “good old days” where I had free reign over my body. As the time draws closer and closer to meeting our little man, the time draws closer and closer for me to be able to do all of these things again. In order to make sure I remember everything I’ve wanted to do – why not make a list… I love lists…
- Cuddling with my kiddies without worrying that they are hurting the baby when they accidentally stand on my like I’m a jumping castle.
- Have a massive farm house breakfast. Runny eggs, crispy bacon and all the possible trimmings. Bring. It. On!
- Go to sleep on my stomach – this one may take awhile (with the breastfeeding and all – Mom’s who’ve been there, you know what I mean).
- Once everyone is in bed and asleep, sit with Seth and enjoy a lovely Savannah with a slice of lemon.
- Try on the new dress I bought on impulse (because I couldn’t try it on with my expanding tummy, but it was too beautiful to pass up) that has been staring at me every morning when I’m choosing which of my fat clothes to wear.
- Sit at a table or desk and move myself all the way in so that I don’t resemble a zombie trying to type.
- Eat a whole meal without stopping to lean back and let it settle into the abyss.
- Look at my toes while standing.
- Walk up steps without having to stop every level to catch my breath. (Have I ever mentioned that I am on the 2nd Floor of our office building and that now that we have actually moved to a place with a lift, it’s not working while I’m heavily pregnant. Yes, Murphy and I are good friends).
- Watch a whole movie or series without falling asleep on the couch. (Although I doubt that this will happen for a good couple of weeks after he is born).
I can’t wait!