Now that I have finally been able to go through the girls old baby clothes, find all the “boy friendly” items and pack them into his cupboard, I realised that we have a fair amount of things for him (plus the fact that we have waaay too much for the girls! Goodness! We have to pack away 5 whole containers of clothing that they have outgrown in just 3 years). I’m not kidding – check this out!
Because I have had a couple of people ask me what else we still need to get for the little man, I thought we might as well make it public. So despite how it looks, I am not in fact trying to get anyone to buy anything for us, I am just putting it out there for those of you who wanted to know.
This is his cupboard at the moment – the top shelf is all “newborn” clothing and the second shelf is all “0-3 months” clothing. As the girls were born in the heart of winter, most of the clothing is really warm and we definitely have enough vests, burping cloths, bibs, blankets etc.
So here’s what we are lacking:
- Nappies – of any age. We prefer the Huggies Gold, but are happy with the Dry Comfort or Pampers too (just as long as it’s not the Sleep and Play – those have been absolute rubbish in our experience). Although we would be grateful for anything.
- Clothes for a BOY! YAY!
- Newborn – Not much needed here except maybe a few summery things
- 0 – 3 Months – Not much needed here either, except a few summery things
- 3 – 6 Months – A fair amount needed here – mostly summer
- 6 – 12 Months – Most needed here – a mix of winter and summer
- Blackthorn Berry Elixir
- Lansinoh – this one’s for me. If anyone knows where to get it, I’d be grateful! (Although I must admit I’ve only looked for it at Clicks so far)
- Wipes (Sensitive ones if possible)
- Facial pads (those little round ones) for the eye cleaning and all that
- A bottle of Surgical Spirits for his umbilical cord
- Avent Bottles and new teats
- NUK Dummy – the girls both used this successfully – although it was a bit of a mission to get them to take it.
- Infacare Stage 1 Formula (we used this with both girls when breastfeeding failed, so although I’m going to try even harder this time, I still want to be prepared).
- Boy toys (although we have LOADS of toys, Seth is insisting that they are not BOY toys!)
- Blue or white bedding for a LARGE cot
- We would also appreciate any contributions (monetary or otherwise) to make his room his own. The colour theme is that the walls are beige with white trimmings. I wanted to use a baby blue colour for little goodies around the room to make it his own, but any blue would also do – I think.
I was just reading through the lists that I made in the 6 Week Baby Survival Guide and came across this:
- Try not to have too many expectations of your baby or partner. This can really help in those first few weeks when everyone is adjusting. In terms of your partner – don’t expect them to be washing bottles or getting up at night with you unless you have discussed and agreed on it together. This will save any unnecessary unhappiness. In terms of your baby – don’t expect them to sleep through immediately or not have colic etc. These are just a few examples but they will save you and your sanity.
- Don’t have crazy expectations of yourself either.
What a great reminder. So glad I found that.
8 thoughts on “Thumper’s Wish List”
As far as the packed away/outgrown clothes go, why don’t you do the whole vacuum/suction bagged thing to save on space and also “preserve” the clothes? Just a thought 🙂
I have thought about that, need to look into getting it I think. Thanks for the reminder 🙂
Are you keeping the girly clothes for your next daughter? 🙂
We are keeping it just in case – but there are definitely no plans to have any more babies.
It would be nice if you had another baby. Just to keep the number even:) I just turned 36 in July and I have 2 girls and 2 boys. My boys are 18 and 13 and my girls are 11 and 6. It works out really well, and there is no middle child 🙂
I have always wanted a big family, so that is why we are keeping the clothes just in case 😉 But I don’t think my body could handle another pregnancy so we would probably consider adopting. But then again, this is all just talk for now… Let’s see how it goes with Thumper first 🙂
otherwise, you know who wouldn’t mind girl’s clothes… 😉
oh and Baby City and Dischem sell Lansinoh… and Bepanthen works really well too