Recently I have read numerous posts that leave me feeling sick to my stomach. So disgusted with humanity that as I am writing this I am actually shaking in anger. Posts that make me question what this world is coming to and how we can bare to look at ourselves in the mirror! Stories that talk about terminating a twin because the parent/s didn’t want two, stories of a 10 year old dressed up to make people want her, besides all the other disturbing happenings in our fallen world – too many to even document.
I cannot believe the fact that we take for granted the beautiful little lives that we have been given to protect, cherish and love. That we cannot see past our own selfish ideals of what we want out of this world. Becoming a Mommy was literally the most difficult thing I have ever had to do – to change my worldly desires, change my thinking and change my heart…
It has made me stop and reflect on what I think is important in life. The biggest gift that I have ever been given (besides salvation through Jesus) is that of my children (and husband too). So the rest of this is for you, my precious Riya-Ray and Kyla. Though I may fall and not always live up to these things I want to promise you:
* I promise to protect you from harm in any way that I possibly can.
* I promise to be there for you – to help you, to support you, to encourage you, to pray for you.
* I promise to listen to you.
* I promise not to lie to you, not even a little bit.
* I promise not to take you for granted.
* I promise to give you my time and undivided attention.
* I promise to bring you up knowing who Jesus is and what he has done for you, praying daily that you will come to know Him personally.
* I promise to never make fun of you, laugh at your mistakes or ridicule you.
* I promise to love you, to cherish you and to adore you – unconditionally.
I really do love you both, so much more than I could ever express in words and even more than I could express with my arms.