I never, ever win anything. Ever.
I know people who win all the time! Boxes of chocolates (and by that I mean a massive box filled with lots of bars and not just a box of chocolates like Forest Gump refers to – because that would be kind of lame), weddings and R45 000 watches. I’m not even joking!
But then I was awarded this…
And even though technically it’s an award for “new blogs” and I have technically been blogging for 3 years now which means that I’m not really a “new blog”, what the heck, I’ll say it. I feel like I’ve won a prize. I am one glass of wine away from shouting, “You love me, you really love me”. Because really, what does any blogger want except constant validation from strangers. (Note to self – rethink this whole blogging business.)
It’s from a fellow blogger all the way over on the other side of the World – the Australian Mumma Talks – she really is new to the bloggy community, so go show her some love. Plus she was also engaged at 19 and married at 20, and here I was thinking Seth and I were all unique and stuff.
I think it’s kind of a given that there would be some rules so here they are. And whoever originally came up with this award must have stated that their favourite number is 11, because goodness…. Really?! 11?! Such a random number.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Note: (These are the “rules” but please feel free to do as you wish. If you have 5 bloggers to nominate instead of 11, and you can only think of 7 random facts about yourself – that’s perfectly fine! )
My Questions To Be Answered:
What is you favourite food and when did you first try it?
This is quite a hard one. I generally tend to go through phases, but the one that has been there consistently since I can remember, is my grandmothers spaghetti bolognaise, or as we affectionately refer to it as spagbol. She made it with beef and vegetable soup rather than tomatos and it’s just heavenly when you cover it in some good old cheddar cheese. The kids adore it too.
Do you have any regrets?
Most definitely. Lots of them. But I don’t ever think about them. Cheesy as it sounds, it all worked out to get me where I am today and I wouldn’t change that for anything.
Where do you want to be in ten years?
Well, where I want to be is living in my forever home, not working too much and spending all my time with my family. But who knows how it will all play out.
What is your favourite memory?
The usual – wedding day, births of the kids, specials birthdays and all of that. But also we make new memories together every day. I can’t say which one is better than another one because they are all special. The freshest, most favourite memory I have right now is Knox belly laughing at me for trying to spit something out my mouth. I can’t get that gorgeous giggle out my head.
Random Facts About Me
- I never, ever make lunch to take to work, but I always have lunch to eat. Why? Well my amazing mother in law makes it for us everyday and we pick it up when we drop Knox off. It’s pretty awesome. And she’s awesome.
- At the moment I am cutting my wisdom teeth. At 26. Here I was thinking that Knox was about to pop some and there I go instead. So far it’s not too sore, but who knows what’s in store for me.
- I am totally addicted to Tapped Out on Android. Like proper addicted. Which is weird because I’ve never watched The Simpsons before. (I need friends – let me know if you play).
- If my ears are cold I can’t sleep.
- I also can’t sleep with pants on.
- And the blankets can’t be the wrong way around (with the poppers at the top). I will not get into a bed like that. It’s just rude.
- I can only think of 7 facts… Sorry
- Do you have a program that you watch that you know is absolutely terrible but you can’t help but watch it, just to see how bad it is? You know like Jerseylicious and that kind of stuff.
- Do you do gas or electric heating? Or are you blessed with a fireplace? (If you have a fire place don’t even tell me, I might just die of jealousy).
- Do you know about this thing called “sleep”? Can you tell me more about it?
- If you could eat the same thing everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What do you do with all your “donkeys”? (Loose change that you can’t really use?)
- If you don’t/didn’t have a partner, which famous celeb would you want to date?
- Which celebrity do you think you look like?
How about that for some wonderfully deep questions about life?! Can you tell that when I was thinking about these questions I was sitting in front of the TV which was blaring “The Style Network”. Don’t worry my babies were all asleep!
Time for some nominated blogs. Before I select them I will have you know that these are not necessarily new blogs, but they are blogs that I read almost everyday. And they’re all South African. For some reason I’m feeling patriotic.
- Harrassed Mom -
- Clar Jay People -
- The Reluctant Mom -
- Living Lionheart – (although she is about to have her third baby this morning, I doubt she would be keen for this)
- Cupcake Mummy
- Lily and The Bee
- Sparrow At Heart
- Dear Max
- C Is For Cape Town
- Juggling Act Of Life
- Riyabella Vintage
- Memoirs 4 My Munchkins
It’s definitely not everyone, but it did limit me to 11. It’s the ones with the latest posts that I still have to read on my reader. I’m sure that if you take a moment to pop on over you will like their blogs too.
So that’s that. An award won and an award passed on. How much better can this morning get? Well let me tell you. This morning, most of our team are going out for breakfast to celebrate an insurer. Besides not knowing many of the other people invited, I actually can’t wait to see how they are going to react to us… (A bit of background if you need it.)